What makes a good electrician?
Qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced electricians like the team at Effective Electric are a valuable friend to businesses and homeowners in Ossining and surrounding areas; electricity is often something that we don’t think about until the lights go out. When the power does go out, because of a natural cause or something else, an electrician is the first responder most in demand.
- A head for figures. A good electrician needs to be comfortable working with numbers, especially with mental calculations. A familiarity with algebra is a particularly important trait in an electrician when reading schematics.
- Reading comprehension. Electricians will need to work with and understand schematics, blueprints, and written directions while on the job. A working electrician should know the language of the industry and be able to interpret instructions.
- Writing ability. An electrician has to communicate with laymen, other electricians, and a variety of different tradespeople and regulatory officials when working on a project, and the ability to communicate in writing clearly and confidently is necessary.
- Critical analysis. A capable electrician will need to be able to observe and collect data, understand them and make diagnoses, and perform work based on these observations. A good electrician is also an able diagnostician.
- Team member skills. Electricians often work in construction areas surrounded by other working craftspeople and work in conjunction with them. As such, electricians need to be coordinate and communicate effectively while also working independently.
- Physical fitness. Electricians often work in confined areas or up on ladders. Their equipment is heavy and the work is labor intensive. An effective electrician will be able to work ably under a lot of different conditions.
Most states require that the electricians working within their borders be licensed. Successfully passing a written exam is typically a requirement for licensing. Master electricians are tradespeople who have at least seven years of work experience or in some cases, a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
Effective Electric is now a six-person team of professional electricians with a reputation so impeccable they regularly service the finest homes and most successful businesses in Westchester County, Putnam County and Fairfield County, CT. If you know it’s time to install that backup generator, need extra outlets in your home office or professional landscape lighting design, count on the team at Effective Electric to give you a complete, accurate estimate and experienced, detailed and considerate service.
Effective Electric is a member of the Westchester County Licensed Electrical Contractors Association and International Association of Electrical Inspectors.
Effective Electric have expert electricians. If you have any questions pertaining to an electrician in Ossining, NY, 10562 zip code area, Cortlandt Manor, NY, Croton, NY, Buchanan, NY, and Peekskill, contact Effective Electric at (914) 737-2651.