How Can I Prevent Electrical Storm Damage?
Here are a few tips to help prevent these problems from occurring at all:
- Make sure any overhead power lines on your property are clear of tree branches. This will help prevent downed trees from doing damage, such as ripping the electrical service off your house.
- Install a whole house surge protector to provide a warranty on all expensive electronics.
- Unplug computers, TVs, and any other appliances that may be damaged by a power surge.
- Report power outages and downed power lines to your local electric provider right away.
Types of Electrical Storm Damage
As a homeowner, it is important to be aware of the various types of electrical storm damage that occurs most commonly during an electrical storm. The most common electrical storm damage includes:
- Power outages
- Downed power lines
- Damaged electrical appliances or service panels
- Burned up Ground Fault Interrupters
An electrical storm may cause the need for a Westchester electrician to perform:
- Service conduit repair
- Electric meter repair
- Main panel repair
- Wiring repair
The Dangers of Electrical Storm Damage In Westchester NY
The dangers of electrical storm damage begin with lightning currents that are capable of causing significant damage to unprotected homes. As a result, a house being struck directly by lightning leads to three main hazards:
- Fire danger is the biggest danger lightning poses to a home. Furthermore, wood and other flammable materials increase the risk of a fire ignition hazard.
- A Power surge has the ability to damage electric and non-electronic appliances that are connected to a power source.
- Shockwave damage is produced from the sound of loud thunder. At close range, these shock waves are destructive.
Preventing Electrical Storm Damage In Westchester NY
In conclusion, our team at Effective Electric are experts in electrical contracting. We are here to answer any questions you may have involving electrical storm damage in Cortlandt Manor NY, Armonk NY, Yorktown NY, Bedford NY, and Pound Ridge NY. Contact Effective Electric to get a free consultation. Call now (914) 737-2651.